Are you still making excuses for why you can’t write that book you’ve been talking about forever? Then join Everybody Reads Bookstore as we help former Lansing author Ken Wachsberger launch his latest book, You’ve Got the Time: How to Write and Publish That Book in You. This will be Ken’s fifth appearance at Everybody Reads.
Mark your calendar:
Date: Tuesday February 27, 2020
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Everybody Reads Bookstore
2019 E Michigan Ave
Lansing, MI 48912
According to Ken, You’ve Got the Time is “the antidote for the oldest excuse for not writing a book in the book. If you’ve got the passion for your idea, you’ve got the time to write your book. You’ve Got the Time shows you where to find it and how to harness its power.”
You’ve Got the Time teaches you how to
- Create order and make sense out of the ideas that are already swirling around in your mind
- Name your files — including chapter and manuscript drafts, web text, freewriting adventures, spreadsheets, and more; as well as correspondence with typesetters, artists, printers, web developers, editors, experts, celebrities, and other industry experts — so you can find them when you need them
- Prepare for and conduct expert interviews so you can sound like an authority even when you know you aren’t one
- Make your prose flow like poetry even if you are weak in mechanics, grammar, and spelling
- Track down and reach out to experts and celebrities whose forewords and testimonials will give your book credibility and marketability
- Negotiate a book contract with knowledge and confidence
- Build your income stream by thinking like a bestseller — whether or not your book makes a list
- Prepare yourself and your loved ones for that time when finishing your book takes over your life, and your precious time with them is threatened
In addition, you learn everything you need to know about designing your cover; obtaining your ISBN, barcode, copyright, and index; coding your files for upload to ebook, POD, and audio; and more.
Award-winning author/editor/book coach Ken Wachsberger began his writing and editing career in East Lansing as a staff member of Joint Issue, the Lansing area’s Vietnam era antiwar, underground newspaper. He has two degrees from Michigan State University and taught writing at MSU and Lansing Community College. He is a lifelong educator, a member of National Speakers Association and National Writers Union, and a renowned expert on helping writers to negotiate book publishing contracts.
For coaching, editing, and speaking, or to set up an interview, Ken may be reached at [email protected]; 734 635 0577; https://kenthebookcoach.com/book/, https://azenphonypress.com/, http://www.voicesfromtheunderground.com. Azenphony Press was founded in 1987 in Ann Arbor, Michigan.